Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Posting the Post-Its

In high school, I had a blog through Xanga (which was linked in my AIM profile, of course) because I thought people actually cared to read about my personal life.  It was most likely entertaining to few and an unnecessary waste of Internet space to many.

I tried to [unsuccessfully] start a blog entitled "Keys to Kindergarten" a couple of years ago; I just couldn't keep up with it!  I had too many papers to grade, too many dishes to wash, and too many lessons to plan.  I know it isn't healthy, but I barely found time to sit down to eat, let alone blog.  I think I made it to three posts.  (Thank you, thank you!)

Since then, I have toyed around with the idea of starting another blog but in a more "me" fashion.  I am visual.  I enjoy Smashing.  I loooove Pinterest.  I should probably have a Tumblr, but I don't quite get it.  Frankly, I should be spending my time relearning Photoshop right now for professional reasons...NO TIME for another area of social media.

I tried to think about what I already do so my list doesn't multiply more than it already has this year.  Every time my little ones say something funny, I write it on a Post-It.  I tried keeping a Word document, but again, rarely took the time to open it (first world problems).  It has gotten to the point that my students say, "She's pulling the sticky notes out!" or "She's writing it, she's writing it!"  (This is normally followed by someone else trying to say something witty just to get me to write it down.  Not happening, that stuff has to come naturally, kids!)

This won't really be a blog as I don't plan to write a whole lot.  What will happen is that my little ones will say a whole lot of funny things (naturally), I will use my handy Post-Its to write what they say, and I will post them as pictures.  I probably should have called it "Posting the Post-Its" or something fun and creative like that.  Instead, here you have "Heard in Kindergarten."

No comments:

Post a Comment